Instagram Feed: @kitchenerpaul

Instagram

07 November 2012

The Paul Kitchener Blog Perishes

So, the time has come to eradicate the blog title of "The Paul Kitchener Blog". It had a good run these last two years, but I just got tired of it. Without further ado, I present to you the new name of "The Brilliant Decay". The URL, however, will remain unaltered--pkitchener.blogspot.com.


sheer
willpower


I thought of the name the other day. It kind of has a spiritual meaning. Nothing too deep. Just the reality that in the process of dying to ourselves (decay), new life increasingly shines through the cracks of the broken individual (brilliant).

I tend to try to keep myself together using sheer willpower, when what I should be doing is accept my fragility and surrender my shortcomings to the God that has none and yet still delights in me. 


the
limelight


"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses... For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

Let's allow our selfish desires and pursuits to decompose, giving way to a glorious new life that puts Another in the limelight. Let's embrace the brilliant decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment