Instagram Feed: @kitchenerpaul

Instagram

23 October 2011

Insert Humorous Blog Title Here

update // aktualizovať

So, as you may know, I am extremely near the end of the partnership development phase of my missionary journey. It's been pretty wild seeing God put together the team of people who will make this ministry possible! At 80%, about 6 or 7 monthly partners is all that separates me from commencing my role as TWR Europe's Social Media Coordinator in Bratislava, Slovakia. Have you seen my latest newsletter? It shows how much teamwork it takes to send one missionary!


After primarily communicating the details of this ministry through mail and email for a number of months, I started hitting the road to see people face to face early this summer. God has used people to bless my socks off on these trips. I just recently returned from my third trip, which was a three week journey taking me to Florida and back to Colorado with multiple stops along the way.




review // preskúmanie

What are some of the things I'll be doing with TWR?

- Enhance TWR's internet presence
- Initiate TWR Europe's social networking
- Video productions
- Develop clearfrequencyradio.com
- Fund raising project
- Write articles for magazine and webpage

Why is this role important?


Urgency?

- If I'm not at 85%-90% by next month, I'll have to complete my required final pre-field training in February-March instead of November-December
- My lease and health insurance run out at the end of the year
- TWR Europe needs 20 to 30 new missionaries ASAP for upcoming projects

How can you help?

- Be one of the very final pieces of this partnership puzzle! HERE
- Spread the word about this ministry to your friends, small group, or church. I'd love to get in touch via email, phone, Skype, etc.
- Pray that God will use me to make a difference in Europe.


vehicles // vozidiel

You'd think driving all those miles would start wearing down your car. You would be correct to assume such things. I left Denver with my Chrysler Sebring (my only car since coming to the US in '04), and it made it as far as Wichita before dying 5 minutes from my sister's house. After discovering it would be around $2,000 to repair, the remainder of my trip was in jeopardy. However, I broke down in the best possible spot. My parents had a minivan in storage nearby, and this would be my ride for the remainder of the trip. Well, for the most part. Ha!

One last pic with the Sebring.

My bumper sticker is deceitful.

My "new" ride ('95 Pontiac Trans Sport) :)

The minivan proved to be a trusty form of transportation. Well, for two days at least. Somewhere in the middle of Alabama, it started making loud rattling noises. I wasn't sure what to do, so after a short break, I just kept driving. It kept getting worse daily. Somehow I made it to Florida. By this point, it was so loud that people on the street would look when I drove by. Ha! I had it looked at and was told by a mechanic it would be $900 to fix (something to do with a compressor, AC clutch, and bearings?). Guess how much I paid to get it fixed? $0.

My friend Daniel "DJ" Royer was in town with his wife and kids. They were supposed to have left already, but issues with their house in Wisconsin kept them back in Florida a couple extra days. Since he was still in the area, DJ offered to work on the van. In the meantime, Tim and Esther Meisel allowed me to borrow their Buick (3rd vehicle of the trip) so that I could visit friends in another town for the night. Upon my return the next day, DJ had completely repaired the van and wouldn't even accept payment! Ridiculous! The van rode smoothly all the way back to Denver. I am blessed.


places // miest

I had some really cool opportunities to share about my ministry on this trip including a college group in Arkansas and the New Tribes headquarters in Florida. I made a lot of new friends and re-connected with old ones!


I also had the chance to join the team representing TWR at the Catalyst conference in Atlanta. Over 13,000 people showed up at this two day conference that targets church leaders. Speakers included Francis Chan, Andy Stanley, Mark Driscoll, Dave Ramsey, Jeff Foxworthy, and Blake Mycoskie (founder of TOMS). Though our booth was shoved in the back of a food court (ha!), we made the most of the situation and met a lot of cool people.


Inside the arena where the sessions were held

The crew had a chance to eat at a popular pizza spot called Little 5 Points in downtown Atlanta one night.




people // ľudia

I got to see a lot of familiar faces on this trip. Here are just a few of those friendly folks.

The Kohlmans have a strict no smiling policy in their home. :)






arch // oblúk

I'd always wanted to go up the Arch, but had never gotten around to it. When visiting my friends Bryan and Hannah Terbrock in St. Louis, I got my wish. Here are some pics of this incredible monument.





View from the top of the Arch (630 ft. up)


conclusion // záver

I just want to thank everyone who has been involved in my life recently. You are awesome, and I feel unworthy of all the love I've been shown! Thanks for all the encouragement, messages, meals, gifts, prayers, and for opening up your home and taking time out of your schedules to invest in me. God bless!


contact // kontakt

p.a.kitchener@gmail.com | 262.951.8672

No comments:

Post a Comment